Submitted by Melbourne Theatre — last modified 2008-04-20 13:34
Win a double-pass to Ben Lomas’ show in the Melbourne Comedy Festival on Friday 21st March at 7:30pm.
Since his debut in 2004, Ben Lomas is one of Melbourne’s fastest rising comedy stars. From his first run of shows in Amsterdam, to MC and support work in Melbourne and then to festival and corporate work, Ben will be presenting a new stand-up show about the sordid side of life in the civil service. Vibewire.net decided to find out more:
1. I wish my parents had named me… Edwardo, rather than my Dutch hippy name which is ‘Boekie’.
2. For the talent portion of the competition, I will… enable the audience to feel a grand sense of awkwardness.
3. Please tell my butler that for breakfast, I shall require… a large plate of enthusiasm sprinkled with happiness.
4. I always mispronounce… ‘specific.’
5. Love is great, but I’d also marry for… almond filled biscuits.
6. What celebrity do people say you look like? A cross between Pat Rafter and Kenny.
7. If you were an animal, what animal would you be, and why? An otter, as spilling stuff on your front is OK in their world.
8. What advice would you give your younger self? Learn French, live French and sleep with French women.
9. What are three ways you’re making the world a better place? I ride my bike everywhere, make people laugh and I don’t write a self-indulgent blog.
10. What cartoon character do you have a crush on? That Smurfette, what a little hoe…
Ben Lomas is performing The Un-Civil Servant at the FAD Gallery, a journey into the life of a slightly wayward government employee. If you have ever had to deal with the public service, this is the show for you.
Venue: Fad Gallery, 14 Corrs Lane, Chinatown, Melbourne CBD.
Dates: 20th March – 12th April (no shows Mondays, Wednesdays, Sundays)
Tickets: $ 15.00 Full, $12.00 Conc & $10 Tightarse Tuesday
Bookings: comedyfestival.com.au, 9639 2700 and at the door
WIN! WIN! WIN! For your chance to win a double-pass to The Un-Civil Servant on Friday 21st March, simply e-mail melbournetheatreATvibewireDOTnet with your name and the subject heading “The Un-Civil Servant” by 5pm, Friday 14th March. The winner’s name will be published on the Vibewire.net website and notified by e-mail. Winners of the Melbourne Comedy Festival Competition will also be invited to submit a 25-word review of the show.
Incoming search terms:
- ebay sporcizia biciclette